A Few Useful Tips for New Creators (2)
1.Translate video titles and descriptions
Chances are your audience consists of viewers that speak multiple languages.
It may not be possible to translate all of your content, but translated titles and descriptions make your video more discoverable to global audience.
*How to add the translations to your YouTube videos:
1. Sign in to YouTube Studio.
2. From the left menu, select Subtitles, and select the video you want to translate.
3. Click Add language and choose the language you’d like to translate to.
4. Under Title & description, select Add.
5. Enter the translated title and description. Press Publish.
2. Add subtitles, and translate video title/description for SEO
Closed captions or subtitles make your content available to a larger audience. That includes viewers that are deaf or hard of hearing, or people watching the video with sound off. As a bonus, this also improves the search engine optimization ranking for your video.
To add subtitle, you can either create subtitles in YouTube Studio, or upload txt. files.
If you want to edit subtitle directly from YouTube studio, click “Add” button under “subtitles”, and select “Type Manually".
If you want to upload a transcript, select “upload file” and upload a srt. or a txt. File.
3. Optimize your videos for Search Engine
Optimizing your content to help it rank on YouTube is another secret to make your videos more visible to the audience. Give your video a good, descriptive title that viewers are likely to write on the search bar—and make sure to include your main keyword or key phrase.
For example, the title “Hawaii Birthday Travel Vlog 2018” is much better than “Hawaii Here We Go!”
Also, make sure to use relevant tags that will help put your video under multiple related categories.
Finally, write a good description with at least 200 words, and include your target keywords, synonyms, and long-tail keyword variations. Not only will this help viewers figure out exactly what your video is about, it will also help your video rank in search engine results pages.
4. Add a Custom Subscribe button to videos
With a button subscribe button, desktop viewers can directly subscribe to your channel, even if they’re in full-screen.
Before you add a button, create it with free tools like canva or pixlr. (https://en.sellbuymusic.com/blogDetail/128)
The square image must be in PNG or GIF format, with a minimum of 150 X 150 pixels and maximum size of 1MB.
*How to apply Subscribe Button:
1. Sign in to YouTube Studio.
2. Select Customization and then Branding
3. Select Choose image and upload the water mark.
4. Select the display time for the branding watermark. You can choose the entire video, a custom time, of the last 15 seconds of the video.
5. Save changes.
5. How to Monetize your Channel
First, to be accepted into the YouTube Partner Program, there are some conditions that must be satisfied :
- At least 1,000 subscribers
- Reach 4,000 valid public watch hours in the past 12 months
- Sign the terms and conditions
- Have an AdSense account
- Get reviewed and approved
- Comply with YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
And then, follow these steps :
1. Go to YouTube studio and select "Monetization" from the menu.
2. Once you’ve met the requirements, you’ll see an ‘APPLY NOW’ button. Click it.
3. Review and accept YouTube’s terms and guidelines.
4. Set up your AdSense account.
6. Download royalty-free music and SFXs
If you are planning to grow your channel and expand audiences, you cannot just use any music in your video.
YouTube "Content ID" system will sort out all the sources that are used without agreement of the copyright owner, and you may not be able to monetize the video no matter how many subscribers you have gained.
Luckily, YouTube’s Audio Library provides songs in diverse genre and mood. Among the sound effects you’ll find everything from laugh tracks to an old engine sputter.
Among all, it is most important that YouTube Audio Library sources are all free.
Sign up for SellBuyMusic’s musician and spread out your music,
make incredible revenues!
The best stock music market that musicians (Sell) and creators (Buy) make together, SellBuyMusic.